AAPS will not allow you to complete a registration unless all required fields have valid entries.
Applicants must be pre-registered. Do not proceed to a fingerprint site unless you have completed registration.
Applicants are responsible for their own registration. Information incorrectly entered during registration and submitted during fingerprinting CANNOT be corrected and is the responsibility of the applicants. Changes to incorrect registration data MAY be corrected online or by telephone prior to fingerprint submission.
The AAPS Electronic Fingerprint Fee is $48.15. Out of state applicants, please click here.
1. Applicants may pay online during registration using a debit or credit card
2. No cash, credit card or business checks are accepted at the fingerprint locations.
3. Applicants may pay at the fingerprint site with money order or cashier check. Payments must be made out to Gemalto Cogent
any Gemalto Cogent fingerprint location in
Please be sure to bring valid identification with you. See What to Bring section on our website. (https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/AL_Documents/AL_ID_Verification.htm)
To submit a new registration:
1. The registration page can be accessed directly at https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/index_adeNew.htm - click Register Online
2. Accept the terms and enter your full name The Applicant Registration Step 1 window will be displayed (Figure 3-1).
Figure 3-1 Applicant Registration Step 1 Window
3. Enter data for all required fields.
4. Only one Identification type (drivers license, state issued picture ID, or passport) is required.
5. Click Next. The Applicant Registration Step 2 window will be displayed (Figure 3-2).
Figure 3-2 Applicant Registration Step 2 Window
6. Enter data for all required fields.
7. Click Next. The Applicant Registration Step 3 window will be displayed (Figure 3-3).
Figure 3-3 Applicant Registration Step 3 Window
8. Verify all information on this page. If a correction is needed, click Previous. If everything is correct, click Next. The Registration Complete window will be displayed (Figure 3-4).
Figure 3-4 Applicant Registration Complete Window
9. This display contains the registration ID which should be retained for future use. All previously entered registration information will be retrieved by Livescan using the registration ID or SSN.
10. Your registration is valid for 90 days. If it is not used within 90 days, it will be automatically cancelled and the fee refunded.